Thread: Fire Feaster?
View Single Post
03-01-2013, 05:33 PM
unholy acting talent
vCash: 155
Originally Posted by Bodangles View Post
But your team is in a different position than the Leafs were when Burke arrived in Toronto. His major mistake was initially overestimating the talent on the Leafs and thought there was enough there to couch Kessel in, who has a very specific skill set and isn't a DIYer -- he's a finisher who needs skills around him. My point is that there's no guarantee that Burke will make the same mistakes again. Burke is a lot of things, but he's not someone who makes the same mistake twice. I see him auctioning everyone off and starting fresh. You have the talent to do that. If... if... if...
True, but I guess it would depend entirely on the level of freedom he has to make the moves he feels are best, without ownership interference.

Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Look at the pieces we have now versus when Burke got in TO, we have Cammy,Gio,Jbo,Kipper,Iggy,Tanguay etc all have as much or more value then any player on Toronto when Burke got there. This is the perfect fit we have many trading chips with a guy who likes to trade and is very good at it in a draft.
That's true too. Burke did manage to get a lot out of his players when trading them. Kaberle for Colbourne, a 1st and a conditional 2nd comes to mind.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote