View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings 1926 View Post
I come from a family of generations of Wings fans, and have talked a lot of hockey with a lot of people over the years, and well, let me put it this way. I don't think we do any more "whining" about the schedule than Blackhawks fans do about the Red Wings and their fans. I have been to a lot of Hawks forums only to notice that a good portion of the threads on there are dedicated to hating on the Wings.

I could kind of sympathize with you all back when you had that cheap, stubborn mule running the organization into the ground and alienating fans and former players, but that is far from the case now. The Hawks have an owner who cares about actually winning and a Stanley Cup championship in recent memory to show for it, so I don't quite get it now. I just want to say "hey, you have a great team now. Enjoy it, and quit worrying about the Wings".

At the end of the day, I am like you in the sense that I want to see more original 6, and even some "Class of 1967" match-ups, and am tired of all of these west coast teams no one cares about. The NHL certainly doesn't benefit when those teams win either.
Pot meet kettle.

The Wings fan coming to our board to tell us what to 'worry about'

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote