View Single Post
03-01-2013, 07:21 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Agreed. Homer is not a man who waits till the last minute to sign the guys he likes. He usually signs them a year before they are "due," which leads me to think Suelly may not be in the plans. An honest question because I don't know the answer: when is the last time he waited till this late in the game before signing the prospect (Suellentrop)? Scrolling through the years I'm thinking maybe Clackson in 05 but thats about it, and he was never in the Flyer plans, only the Phantoms. Everyone else from his draft year has a contract (except for Placek who they have many years yet to decide on), and one of them (Noebels) got his contract about 3 seconds after the very first prospect game. I don't think it help Suellentrop that the Flyers drafted so many D this year and some appear to be decent prospects. I had the opportunity to watch a Vermont game this year and was actually surprised and how fluid of a passer Luukko was, and you know he'll be given every possible chance to succeed.
Suellentrop seems like he is a defensive defenseman with little offense and we already have one of those in the wings in Lauridsen. So perhaps that has something to do with it.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote