View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 07:48 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
We are one. ONE. OOOONNNNNEEEE point ahead of LA, St. Louis, Minnesota, San Jose.

We have played 2 or 3 more games than all those teams. If we had the same number of games played, LA, SJ, STL, would all be ahead of us in my opinion. We'd be in the 7-8 spot or even further out looking in.

Chicago and Anaheim are solidly in. Vancouver, barring an epic meltdown, is solidly in. The are ahead of us in points with 2 games in hand. St. Louis, SJ, LA, I think are locks to make the playoffs. They are solidly built teams with games in hand. That leaves only 2 spots. I think we take one, but as a bubble team.

You optimistic people simply have no idea how to read these numbers in front of you. Yes, we're #4. But we have played more games than pretty much anyone in the conference. Only 2 other teams out of 15 have played the same number of games as us. No one else has played more. Most of them have 2-3 games in hand.

Sitting in #4, only 1 point up, when all the other teams have plenty of games to make it up on us? That makes us the very definition of a fringe team.
Vancouver is two points away from 9th place with 29 games to go, they are not "solidly in." The point still stands: statistically, if we are a bubble team, then so are 11 other teams in the conference, which makes the term "fringe team" pretty meaningless.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote