View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I wanted Sheldon Souray back(for pp purposes)...when he wasn't good enough for Oilers,...many here said i was crazy,he's done washed up(ahl).....

Kovy FOR power play purposes.....i repeat...power play ...

Now in a recent HABS shootout loss ,i see a habs shooter who was a career 2 for 24 in the shoot out shooting....would i send in KOVY instead? yes..and that might have meant an extra point..

Again ,.not Kovy at 20 mins a night.....or top lines....ok?
He's a liability on the ice and hardly produces on the power play. He's done.

We can't just bring in someone to only play the powerplay. That's NHL 13 stuff. You need to take a regular shift to be useful in the NHL, and as we have seen for the last several years Kovalev is a liability on the ice, rather than an asset.

How many points does he have on the powerplay in the last 3 years anyways? 10? 15?

Our powerplay is 11th in the league, why would we waste a roster spot trying to fix a problem we don't really have?

Galchenyuk is due for more ice time, especially on the powerplay, and he's everything Kovalev ever was, and more. We should invest in his ice time rather than a 40 year old floater.

His surgery aside, you don't want a guy that is notorious for being a slack in the locker room, especially since the team has a new identity, that revolves around working hard.

For the millionth time, this ship has sailed....many moons ago.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote