View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Doesn't apply in this situation. There's no collusion in asking a team if they are going to waiver wire a guy or not.
What are you saying he should have done with Columbus that would have helped them? Are you saying he could have been available for the Avs to pick back up in their spot? That teams like Columbus, Buffalo, or Washington wouldn't have claimed O'Reilly without having to give up any assets, and at worst let him walk in a year and a half? For free?

I can tell you right now what the answer would have been, I don't need to make a phone call. The answer would have been "hell yes."

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
It has now come out, not a day later. So someone, somewhere knew. Would it hurt to call and check with the league? It's called due diligence.
If both GM's, the entire Newport Sports Agency, and most if not all of the NHL thought he just fell under the clause that clearly states RFA's are exempt from passing through waivers, this is simply not a realistic thing for you to expect of anyone.

It's a moot issue, I don't see the league being able to enforce that rule if the CBA's not finalized, and the GM's haven't seen it.