View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Yipperfan
NWOBHM forever \m/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
What are you saying he should have done with Columbus that would have helped them? Are you saying he could have been available for the Avs to pick back up in their spot? That teams like Columbus, Buffalo, or Washington wouldn't have claimed O'Reilly without having to give up any assets, and at worst let him walk in a year and a half? For free?

I can tell you right now what the answer would have been, I don't need to make a phone call. The answer would have been "hell yes."

If both GM's, the entire Newport Sports Agency, and most if not all of the NHL thought he just fell under the clause that clearly states RFA's are exempt from passing through waivers, this is simply not a realistic thing for you to expect of anyone.

It's a moot issue, I don't see the league being able to enforce that rule if the CBA's not finalized, and the GM's haven't seen it.
So until the CBA is finalized there are no rules?

I'm pretty sure that they have a draft somewhere and that draft will be the rule for the time being. The
NHL can make the rulings that they see fit and I would be surprised if a team was going to sue the league over a ruling.