View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

vCash: 500
Don't know what they would want, but if the Wild retained around half of Dany Heatley's cap hit, I would be interested in adding him for the remainder of this season and next year. I can't imagine his trade value is too high.

I know he's not the player he used to be and he was never a great skater to begin with, but he's always been a sniper who has a great shot. Even as he's started to decline, he's still potted around 25 goals a year. He was a 50 goal scorer playing with Spezza and Alfredsson and 39 goal scorer playing with Thornton/Marleau at one point so I'd like to think he'd still have 25-30 goal potential (in an 82 game season) playing with a guy like Kopitar.

Still looking for that sniper on Kopitar's wing. Hope Toffoli is eventually it, but Heatley immediately helps as a goal scorer and probably helps the PP. Would give us a left handed shot on the wing too, something we definitely lack right now with Brown, Williams, Lewis, Carter all being righties and the only potential top 6 lefty being Penner.