View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 10:24 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't do a thing for Chicago.

What possible reason would Chicago have for making that trade? The Blackhawks don't exist simply to act as a re-supplier of prospect talent to other teams. They are actually trying to win, as well (in fact, they're quite good at it as recent events have shown) So they're going to make a terrible trade like this?
Somehow I was not clear.
Last year their G sucked --- not this year.
They had issues with their core D --- not this year.
Last year, Olsen had cup of coffee plus. This year, no room for him,

McNeil, they liked, still like, but not higher in pecking order; Saad, etc. ahead, He's not hopelessly buried, but he's not a lock to be next guy called up.

Boyle is not Messier, but right now he is a possibly useful cog for them.
Something useful now plus the legacy Thomas, for 2 guys who are not going to be in Chicago this year, unless there are extensive multiple injuries.

Like I said, LAST YEAR, it was 50-50 in my props/posts on this subject for some variant of Boyle + for Olsen +.

Expect as they continue to rack up the wins, having Boyle now --- even if for injury insurance only, and that is not the actual case --- I believe if you bring it up now, while not everybody loves BB, including at the Hawks board, you will now, given the above developments this year, go over 50% handily.