View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 10:53 PM
joseph_kerr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Why does a big body require you to hit other people? That's not the objective. If you're hitting a lot, it likely means you're losing the game in one aspect or another. The point is to score more goals than the other team and you do that by getting the puck. Marleau is more skilled at getting the puck than he is at hitting someone. Besides, if he goes for the hit, it more than likely takes him out of the play for the puck. That's not what a highly-skilled forward ought to be doing.
I don't see it as an either or. He shouldn't have always been running around looking for the big hit but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been a good tool to have in the toolbox especially in the playoffs. It can set a tone for your team and keep the other wondering.

But that's me. I think Joe should have ****ing torn Toews apart for coming at him as well. Put him in the hospital with broken bones and taught him it's best to not try biting a bigger dog.

That's how it is though, these guys have always played down to their opponents and it's not changing.

joseph_kerr is offline   Reply With Quote