View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
A point a game is not enough for them. They need to earn a buffer now, on this current road trip 16 points is a make it or break it (points in both home games and 6 of the 8 road games). These points also need to be regulation 2 point nights not 1 point nights from OT. I just have a gut feeling that positions 6-10 will be involved with alot of tiebreakers. Nashville is on the losing end of the majority of these tiebreakers currently.

Your banking on them doing fairly well in April, a schedule that they have loaded with home games, but April contains 4 games against Chicago, that's a guaranteed 4 losses right there (I know only 1 of those are at home). Also add a home game against Vancouver, St. Louis, and Detriot all of which will be tough. I just don't see Nashville getting it done in April, which is why they need to average 1.6 points per game.
Just so we are clear here- are you seriously saying that we have to get 16 out of a possible 18 points in the next 9 games? And if they don't do that it will "break" their playoff chances?

If so, you are way, way off- so if we go 7-2 and get 14 points in the next 9 games that won't keep us in playoff contention??

As long as we play .500 hockey in the next 9 games, we will be very much in playoff contention down the stretch- that doesn't mean we will make it for certain, but we certainly don't have to 8-1 just to stay in it....

No one is saying the favorable home schedule means guaranteed wins, but finishing with 12 of the final 18 at home is a heck of a lot better that our current 8/10 on the road (a stretch where you say we have to build up a buffer).

And finally, there are no "guaranteed" losses- so you are chalking up all 4 Chicago games as losses? Columbus, the worst team in the league, took Chi to OT in Chicago tonight- there are no guaranteed wins or losses in this league. There is no telling what the league will look like in April- they may have clinched the #1 seed by then and coasting- who knows???

drwpreds is online now   Reply With Quote