View Single Post
Old
03-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Southlake

vCash: 500
Am I the only one who feels like some people would be happier with Marleau if he scored half as many goals but dropped the mitts every handful of games? (and for those folks- who do you think is more valuable to this team right now- Clowe or Marleau?)

Say whatever you want about "heart". (Though the fact that he consistently shows up to camp in the best physical condition of the team states that his cardiovascular health is fine) Marleau consistently pots 30 goals a year. In his last seven seasons, he has only failed to miss that mark once. In 14 seasons, he has scored 20+ in eleven of them. The guy can score, consistently. Please let that sink in.

Does he fight? No. Does it matter? No. He's way more valuable to our team on the PP than he is in the box. I don't want my goal scorers sitting for five plus, and I definitely don't want them getting injured unnecessarily. Does he throw big hits? Nope, but he battles it out in front of the net and is strong on the forecheck- while managing to keep himself off IR.

Is there room for criticism? Sure. But to act like he is the sole reason the Sharks are failing is ludicrous. You want to trade him? Fine, but there better be a solid plan to replace his guaranteed production.

Southlake is offline   Reply With Quote