View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Nonsense.

Bordeleau can play 5 minutes a game. The typical 4th liner plays ~10, if he plays one game out of two that means the other forwards plays an extra 12 seconds a game on average, you bring up a non issue.

Meanwhile your fetish for qualification is lame. Hockey may be quantifiable, but it is not quantified. You limit yourself when you state you only want to use ideas that somebody else gas proven for you. It is bad policy. And i say this as somebody who makes his living making mathematical models.

Bordeleau is not mythical. People want a heavyweight, they do not care which as long as he is effective. Steve Mcyntyre would be better, though he is not available as there is no chance he would clear waivers.
I don't limit myself to statistics. I back up my thoughts with quantifications, because like everyone else here my opinions are only my opinions. And the fact is, Patrick Bordeleau is a plug who is only good for one thing at the NHL level, that's fighting other plugs. Pointing out his time on ice is just a way to show even the Avs don't trust him playing more than a few shifts a game.

The fact is, and you don't need numbers to point this out, our 4th line has been a strength this year. This is a team that lacks high end scoring and relies on wearing the opposition out through depth. Can we afford a few games without Armstrong or Moen? Sure. But those two, for whatever flaws they have, can apply pressure on regular shifts. Bordeleau can't do anything but punch guys smaller than him. We've already discussed ad-naseum that intangibles like "toughness" do exist, but are not clear enough to define as easily as you'd like to make them.