View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 12:11 AM
number72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Agreed whole-heartedly on this.

It's too bad that Sherman, and to an extent O'Reilly, allowed the situation to go as far as it did. But I'm not seeing the point in debating it, not matching would have been dumb. Unfortunately for those who don't like GM Sherman, the power of hindsight will be on their side. IF the Flames end up with a Top 5 pick, it's going to be real easy for them to say, "Stupid Sherman, he should have taken the picks!".

And that will be bothersome to me, because there's no possible way to know how the Flames would have played with O'Reilly in the fold. So, like I said, hindsight most likely won't be kind to him, but unfortunately, because of the circumstances that he, and Camp O'Reilly, are responsible for, he was stuck in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation...something that I'm hoping he and the Avs Brass will learn from and therefore won't allow it to happen again.
This will get worse when the other RFA need a contract. If ROR at 50 points is worth 6.5M then what about Landeskog, Duchene etc. This was badly handled by all GMs involved here. And now Sherman needs to manage this with his tight budget