Thread: Speculation: Trade Targets
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 01:51 AM
couturefan39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Burish was a speed signing, Sheppard was a depth scoring move. Speed was actually address last season with Winnik and Galiardi, the latter of which is now on the team. The bottom 6 aside from Handzus is not slow at all.

Which one?

Neither team changed their core. Changing the core is giving up. That is not what a stanley cup team needs, obviously.
1. Burish is not fast, half the time he looks lost out there. I like the trade for Sheppard, he's been pretty good. Also happy with Wingels, he's been impressive lately (before he got hurt).

2. Anyone. I know Peter Mueller has had concussion problems in the past but when he's healthy, he can score a lot of goals. I wanted him in the off-season and PA Parenteau. They would both be a good fit on Thornton's line. We could have traded a defenseman for a guy like Chad LaRose who can score and plays with grit.

Remember the Clutterbuck for Demers rumor? I would do that in a heart beat. If McLellan is going to keep benching Demers, then why not. If the Panthers are going to sell I would be fine with one of Mueller, Fleischmann, Versteeg.

3. Philly traded their former captain and their 1st rd pick Carter, so yes that was a huge core change.

It's obvious the Sharks need a change because there is no way in hell they will win a Cup with this core.