Old
03-02-2013, 03:05 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Somehow I was not clear.
Last year their G sucked --- not this year.
They had issues with their core D --- not this year.
Last year, Olsen had cup of coffee plus. This year, no room for him,

McNeil, they liked, still like, but not higher in pecking order; Saad, etc. ahead, He's not hopelessly buried, but he's not a lock to be next guy called up.

Boyle is not Messier, but right now he is a possibly useful cog for them.
How so? Seems like they've got about as many cogs as they need right now, considering they haven't lost a game in regulation since the season started. He's a useless detriment to our .500 team, but to the best team in the league, he is useful?

Quote:
Something useful now plus the legacy Thomas, for 2 guys who are not going to be in Chicago this year, unless there are extensive multiple injuries.
Well, if by something useful, you mean a guy who isn't good enough for our team's third line, then I'm pretty sure they can get that without dealing one, much less two, of their top prospects.

Quote:
Like I said, LAST YEAR, it was 50-50 in my props/posts on this subject for some variant of Boyle + for Olsen +.

Expect as they continue to rack up the wins, having Boyle now --- even if for injury insurance only, and that is not the actual case --- I believe if you bring it up now, while not everybody loves BB, including at the Hawks board, you will now, given the above developments this year, go over 50% handily.
Or you could explain it in a far simpler fashion: You want a team that is easily the best team in the league right now to trade two of their better prospects for a mediocre 4th liner and a lesser prospect.