View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 02:41 AM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Bryz has petered a bit but it is nothing like last year....I attribute it to overwork and that is the fault of Holmgren for not having an NHL capable backup during a shortened season and one where the schedule was the worst for the Flyers the first 20 games.

Really, I mean ever since the Carter and Richards trades which have worked out and him striking out in the free agent sweepstakes..I don't think Holmgren has been particularly deft with his asset management and plan B's at all....
The Flyers really, really need to let go of the thought that Boucher and Leighton can be thought of as long term backup options. I know Boucher is a cult hero in Philly, but he is nearing the end. I dont even want Leighton around the AHL anymore. Let Heeter play. Let Munroe play.
If the Flyers had some viable options to backup Bryzgalov then maybe he wouldnt be struggling like he has since the first week of Feb. No trust in the backup goaltender is going to lead to your #1 getting overrworked.
Who knows if thats all is that ails Bryzgalov lately. It still would be nice to have a legit backup instead of the worst tandem of backups in the NHL.