Thread: Value of: Ben Eager to the Habs
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 04:11 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
As you can see from this thread Canucks fan absolutely hate this guy, he took a pretty good and very dirty run at one of the Sedins a few years ago. I have two co-workers at work who are Canucks fans and they can't even say his name without foaming at the mouth.

Now on Ben Eager the player for a physical guy he is a surprisingly quick skater, very quick on the forecheck and is great at finishing his hits. Eager has the knock of taking stupid penalties, I can recall maybe 1 or 2 minors this year he shouldn't of taken but has been very responsible with Krueger as our coach. He's been good for us all year and has given a consistent effort and is honestly a player we need more of not less of in Edmonton. All that said bottom line is he is a 4th liner, has played some 3rd line for us, but really belongs on the 4th line on any decent team; he is available, but we are not looking to move him.

At this point being that we don't really want to move him the usual ******* thing to say is it would take an over-pay and start asking for players that really shouldn't be anywhere in the conversation for a player like Eager such as Lars Eller. For right now we still have some glimmer of playoff hope so, I'd say hold off if closer to the deadline the Oilers look out of it, it would cost a mid-round pick or a mediocre prospect who projects to fill a similair role with maybe a little more offensive upside.

Fair warning Eager has had some recent concussion issue from his fight with Kassian he has came back and looked totally fine, but I wouldn't use him as your goto fighter for the next little while; if the situation calls for it he can step up, he's not the kind of guy to backdown but should probably be fighting middle of the pack fighters only for the next little bit. If you want to have him have a go with Colton Orr I'm not sure I like his chances.