View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 04:13 AM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I'll keep this short and simple.

You don't move a 40 goal scorer because of a poor 10 game stretch. Especially when he has put up 40+ goals two out of three seasons here. And you don't move him for prospects that can only wish to hit the peak/prime that a top-5 goal scorer can.

If the Rangers win the Cup, it's going to be with Richards, Nash, Gaborik, Callahan and Lundqvist over the next couple of years. That's the fact of the matter. People on here want to get rid of him? There would be 29 other GM's drooling at the opportunity to add a goal scorer like Gaborik onto their top line.
You do if he's getting old, your team is not going to make the playoffs this year but is soldily built and the return is great enough. Do I do it for a pick? No. Maybe something ridiculous like 3 1sts but last year proved that if you get the right players especially for this system that the sum of a teams parts can be greater than the whole. The Flyers also proved last year you can trade a big time player and if you get the right prospects and players you will not only still compete now but your future will still look solid as well.

Gabs is definitely our best option if we want to improve the team now and in the future by trade. Even if I don't really want to trade him I acknowledge this.