Thread: Dion Phaneuf
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Jtabo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Sundin's leadership was rarely questioned by the media that were close to him on a regular basis.

It was more often than not questioned immediately after losses where fans were mad and chose to scapegoat the reserved Swede.

And you are right - there's no subjective way to measure inspiration. I just don't find Dion that inspiring at all. Look at Mats, or Dougie, or some of the other captains in this team's history. Heck, look at some of the great captains across the league right now. Does Dion inspire you in the same way that those guys do?

I highly doubt it
What more does he have to do to be inspiring? I'm curious. Are big hits, goals, fights, not enough to inspire your teammates? Are playing the most minutes night in night out and playing consistent game in game out not enough? And lets look at other captains around the league shall we:

Sedin
Gionta
Streit
Salvador
Zetterberg
Koivu
Pomminville

I'd rather have the hard nosed two way dman as my captain than any of them. Not saying I wouldn't want those players, just saying if we had them, id still want Dion with the C

Jtabo is offline   Reply With Quote