View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 07:02 AM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I am not sure why you feel the need to tell me this. I can only assume you think I'm an idiot. Of course even the best goalies have bad games. I've been watching the NHL for 20 years. You act like I know nothing started watching yesterday.

I've seen some great performances over the years. Amongst them Roy's conn smythe 93 run and Theodore's hart and vezina. I can see the difference between greatness (Theo's and Roy's best performances), a really solid top 5 season (Price in 2010-11), something above average (this season), an average season (2011-12) and a terrible season (Price in 2009-10).

I'm not saying Price sucks. I merely said that Price has been above average. Not the top 5 goalie people claim he is. Is that so far off base ? However he is paid like a top 3 goalie. I don't think there's cause to be disappointed, but I don't think there's cause to be excited either.

The rest of your post is you not looking at Price's performance outside of the team concept and looking at the team results. The team has played great, so yes, Price has great stats and has gotten points in most games he has played in, as would be expected of any top 20 starters behind a team that is playing great hockey. Every performance has to be weighted in relation with the way the team plays in front. Sometimes the difficulty level behind winning a game is extremely low because of how the team plays in front. If you don't account for that at all then Price is having the best season of his career. I find that not to be the case however, in my opinion, he was clearly a heck of a lot better in 2010-11. Put that Price in net and we would have at least 2 more pts from the NYI OTL and the Ott SOL.
I'm not sure it matters to you, but your feelings on the subject coincide with mine. I guess that makes us haters.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote