View Single Post
Old
07-20-2006, 01:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Its a long way from the start of the season, so lets to a poll of the top 20 Montreal prospects. Each poll will be open for 2 days, but i may start the next one sooner if there is a clear cut winner of one poll.

I will use HF rules for prospects, however I am going to take one liberty in that Perez, Plekanec and Garth Murray are basically graduated, though not officially yet.

1.)

Pleks and Perezhogin should not be considered prospects by HF standards since they both played over 65 games in the NHL. Don't know why they are still listed on the Habs page but they should be considered graduated. Murray has 56 games under his belt, so by HF he's still a prospect, but I personally don't consider him one.

Danis at 25 and Cote at 24 are becoming too old to be considered prospects. I can see why some keep them as prospects, just as I can see why others wouldn't consider them prospect. When you think of it, Price is still 18, doesn't turn 19 till next month, so he's 6+ years younger, it's hard to factor that in when you look at all the extra development time Danis has had over Price.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote