View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 07:43 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Garrioch... for what it's worth:

Quote:
The asking price in a trade was rich. League executives say the Avs wanted a player, prospect and No. 1 pick from any team. In the case of the Rangers, sources say the ask was D Michael Del Zotto, LW Chris Kreider and a pick.

"That is nuts," said the insider.
I would have hung up laughing if I was Sather.

Quote:
The talk has increased in the last few days as the schedule hits the halfway point and teams are starting to get desperate to make moves. Sources say the Rangers, Flames and Philadelphia Flyers are among those making phone calls.
Quote:
The Rangers, St. Louis Blues and Senators are among several teams looking for a defenceman before the April 3 deadline.
Quote:
Rangers GM Glen Sather isn't the least bit pleased with his club's inconsistency. Sources say the Rangers are trying to do "something" to shake the club out of the doldrums since it would appear coach John Tortorella isn't going anywhere. Since the Rangers have skill, they'd like to bring in more grit. The talk amongst NHL executives is the Rangers have floated the idea of moving RW Marian Gaborik. He has a cap hit of $7.5 million through 2013-15 and will be a UFA at the end. It's believed the Rangers are sniffing around to see what kind of value he has on the market ...
Unless he turns it up, I think the deadline is when to move Gaborik. I was originally in support of moving him at the draft, but I think the market might be better at the deadline.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/03/01/...-spectacularly