Thread: Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Neither Jaskin, Veilleux or Tesink are under contract for next season... yet.

And I expect Tesink to fill the little bottom six sparkplug center role that Jay "The Little Barriball Of Hate" plays, when he plays, which is only maybe ten percent of the time, unfortunately...

I'd put money on Derek Nesbitt coming back, especially if Hensick comes back, too. Janne Lajunen, it's 50/50 at this point. I imagine he can probably make more money back home in Finland, and I think I, too, would rather play in Helsinki than Peoria, to be honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if McRae gets dealt for a pick, or as part of trade-up package, at the draft. His development has stalled big-time with this organization, and a fresh start elsewhere would probably be a Godsend for his career. Hensick, I agree will probably be back unless he gets an offer from someone that can give him more of an opportunity to play in the NHL.

One of Brett Sonne or Anthony Nigro will probably be back for the third-line center next year, but not both. I'm leaning towards Nigro at this point, but Sonne seems to be more likely just because he's a little bigger and seems to have more offense in his game.
Thanks for the insight. I'm sure we wouldn't hesitate in including McRae in any trade package we are putting together, but you think it is possible we deal him for a late pick? Given that the Blues are being built on 3 scoring lines, I don't really think he fits as a #3C here, but he could be somewhere.

Given that Hitchcock really likes Sobotka on LW, and McRae having no real trade value, do you think it is possible that we go with Sobotka-McRae-Reaves on the 4th line next season?

Quote:
They could make space for him, but I'd be surprised if Jaden's big brother is in the plans for the Rivs for next year. I'd consider it far more likely that they'll go out and try to find a couple more like Mark Cundari, only maybe a little bigger this time.
I can't speak about the CHL FA's, because I don't even know who would be available nevermind their quality.

Out of the NCAA...

Rylan Schwartz - The one we all know a little about. The usual undersized comments come up, but he doesn't play small and is very tenacious. I just suspect he projects more as a winger.

Nate Schmidt - LHD. Really improved his defensive game over the past couple of seasons, and is putting up close to PPG numbers. Highest upside of anyone available IMO.

Danny DeKeyser - Shutdown LHD who looks as certain as is possible to develop into a solid NHL Dman. Sadly, it looks likely he ends up in Detroit.

Andrej Šustr - Kid is huge; 6'8, 220lbs LHD. Not very physical, but his skating is looking pretty decent now for a guy of his size. Šustr-Hakanpää pairing would be quite a sight

Ryan Walters - Good all round, consistent player with solid size. His offense has really steeped up this season.

Unrealistic as it is, I'd love to see us pick up a couple of these guys.

Quote:
Ponich and Shields are the only defensemen under contract for next season, and Hakanpää in Year Two of his ELC. I'd say it's likely they re-sign Cade Fairchild, and maybe Cundari as well, but I pray to the Jesus that they do not re-sign Taylor Chorney, who is about as useful and productive as a Tea Party Congressman...
With the incoming talent, I'd be seriously worried if Chorney was kept around.

I'm expecting a lot from Hakanpää next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Hakanpää made us consider Polák a trade chip in a years time...