View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 09:42 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I think it's a big mistake to trade Couturier. He's a 20 year old that has been given crap for linemates for his early career and hasn't really had a chance to play with elite talent. I still think he will force the Flyers to move Giroux to the wing and he'll be the top line center. I think this is what we can expect in the next few years:

Hartnell - Couturier - Giroux
Simmonds - Schenn - Voracek
Gagne - Laughton - Talbot
Rinaldo - Holmstrom* - McGinn

I fully expect Gagne to be re-signed to a 3 year deal at 1.5 to 2 million per season. Great veteran mentor for Laughton and he won't be expected to produce as much as anyone in the top six. I also have a gut feeling that the Flyers will re-sign Ben Holmstrom to make him the fourth line guy.

As for the defense, I'm really not sure what to expect. Timonen has one more year, then after that, things are going to get very interesting. Depending on who the Flyers draft this year, that should go a long way in seeing who will be in the top six. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Coburn - Ristolainen/Nurse/Pullock/Morrisey
Schenn - Gostisbehere
Gustafsson - Grossmann

Finally, the goaltending will still be spear headed by Bryz, but I hope the Flyers do him a solid and get him a legitimate backup. Would love to see Heeter get a chance to be the back up or even Munroe, but gut feeling says they'll go some other direction. Maybe sign and bring over Eriksson.

EDIT: Completely forgot about Read. Who knows, maybe he plays on that third line with Laughton and Gagne or he gets moved for a defenseman (McBain from Carolina?).