Old
03-02-2013, 11:59 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656780

Very interesting article here, with a few choice segments below on Therrien-accountability from Josh Gorges:

"It doesn't matter who you are or who you think you are, you're held to a standard that the entire team is held to," Canadiens defenseman Josh Gorges said. "If you're not going to buy into it and do what's asked of you in accordance with the team, then you're not going to play. He's shown that and he's delivered that and he's stayed true to it and he's been fair with it."
"Most of the guys were here the previous couple of years and we didn't like the way things were going, didn't like the direction the team was going and the way we were playing," he said. "Part of it was us talking to the coach before the season started and telling him the issues we had and that we wanted corrected as a group. He's a guy that's willing to enforce it, and not just say it. Saying it is one thing, every coach says it, every player says it [and] everyone knows it.

"But you can say it, and then you can actually enforce it, which is totally different. We've learned from a couple of different examples this season, we all know that's the case. When it's put on somebody and it's put on hard, it's not easy for that person, and it's not even easy sometimes for teammates to see it. But you sit there and say to yourself, 'OK, I'm going to do my job, I'd better buy in to what's going on, I'd better believe in the group first. If I do, I'm going to get rewarded.' So talking is one thing, actually doing it is something else."
Boom.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote