View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You're forgetting a few here as you seem to be getting into the media hype. Morgan Ellis is as good a prospect as Beaulieu and Tinordi are, but he's not talked about as much. Greg Pateryn, after missing some time to injuries, is back and playing top minutes for the Bulldogs while Mac Bennett is doing well in Michigan. They also have Darren Dietz and Dalton Thrower in junior who are pretty good prospects and who knows where their development takes them. And while we might not know him very well in North America, Magnus Nygren is a high caliber player in the SEL.
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.