View Single Post
03-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
A lot of coach's acts wear thin. That's just a commentary on athletes these days not the coaches themselves. Bylsma is liked by the players but since late last season it's obvious they're all a little too buddy buddy judging by their discipline since that point.

As far as the last sentence, honestly I think that describes Bylsma more than Therrien. I think Bylsma would be a great coach for a young team like the Oilers or say, Florida or something. I think '10-'11 would back me up on that.

Therrien did stuff that drove me nuts, but do you honestly think Bylsma could take that Habs roster and get them to where they are now? Not a chance in hell.
If we had the Habs roster, I might care about the answer to that hypothetical question. But we have the Pens roster, and we don't need to speculate to see how Therrien's methods eventually turn out with them.

There are different approaches to coaching, and it seems the grass is always greener depending on what kind of coach you have, unless you go 82-0. We aren't privy to how players are disciplined under Bylsma, because contrary to what Therrien and many here appear to believe, there are ways other than calling them out in the press or benching them outright.

It's funny. For all the deification Badger Bob gets from long-term Pittsburgh fans, it seems few of them remember how he went about his business.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote