View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 11:34 AM
axecrew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblick View Post
This wouldn't really impact the Wolves one way or the other. If for some reason, the Canucks were to leave for points west, Chicago would be without an affiliate for about 30 minutes. They're one of the best franchises in the league; someone would go in there.
Rum....According to Wolves GM Wendell Young, he's already had numerous calls from different teams in the NHL. It was in a newspaper article here in Chicago, wish i could remember which one, he said he was waiting to hear from Vancouver as to their intentions for the affiliation. He also said that he didn't want to wait until June/July and end up taking whoever was left.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think some of it, if not a lot, has to also do with the situation in Houston and what's going to happen there. if the Aeros end up leaving, then I could see it all working out like this......Calgary moves their team to Utica( we know it's happen before where a team will move,even under a current lease, if they provide a new team to take over said lease) Vancouver then needs a franchise to put in abbotsford, that's where Houston comes into play, Vancouver /Abbotsford then buys Houston franchise and moves it to Abbotsford along with the Vancouver prospects, Minnesota then moves their prospects to Chicago or somewhere else with another team coming into Chicago. Logistically Chicago/Minnesota makes sense, but who knows.