View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
We arguably have 5 top 4 D-men in Markov, PK, Gorges, Emelin and Diaz. At least we are playing them like that Everybody is playing at least 18 min or so ) ,we are having success and these are all guys we could potentially have for some years to come. Our need on D then is a couple bottom pairing guys, one of whom is a big physical crease clearer, hopefully Tinordi. Nathan B has offensive potential and good size. We then have a lot of other guys who have made it this far and so from them , Tinordi and Nathan B, 3-4 guys should make it as at least bottom pairing players and hopefully 1-2 of them are even better. So yeah, we are deep in D prospects as that is alot of D-men looking at cracking the line-up in the next 2 years, and we have more in juniors.