View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 12:03 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
That's why the Hamilton Bulldogs are the lowest scoring team in the AHL and are tied for 5th from the bottom for goals against.This is due to the abundance of talent the Habs have at the forward/defence prospects in their farm system.By the way Diaz didn't pass through waivers,Gauthier had gone over to Europe to watch the WHC's and sign Emelin,when he seen Diaz playing,offered him a contract before all the other GM's showed up and created a bidding war.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.