Thread: Value of: Phil Kessel for Corey Perry?
View Single Post
03-02-2013, 12:14 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
okay, so according to you, which team hasn't "**** up" when dealing with their upcoming UFAs?

Can you give me any examples of any team in a playoff position that did what you're suggesting they should do? Give me a single example of a team in a playoff position that dealt their star or impact player who was heading to FA when their team was in a playoff position?

Or do you think that no teams out there, ever, know what they're doing and they're all "******* up", while you're the only bright individual that has considered all factors, including playoff revenue impact to ownership, and are just smarter than all the GMs that have run teams in the NHL?

Again, give me an example of a team that did it the way you're suggesting should be done - while being in a playoff position, they dealt their star or impact soon to be UFA to get something for them instead of seeing them walk in FA. Parise and Suter aren't the only examples, as we see star UFAs on the market in any given year. So I guess all these teams are idiots and ownerships around the league should be lining up to offer you a job?
All of the teams who let their star players walk as UFAs ****** up.

When you're multiplying it by 2 guys, in a fragile hockey market, that's a way to ruin a franchise.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote