View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Nuclear SUV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
I'm not positive on what the story was in Seattle when they sold, but a few things were clear to me. They were sold after the owner tried to negotiate an arena deal for 2 years.
False.

Quote:
There was a vote prohibiting the use use of public funds to build a new arena but they had also just partially funded 2 new stadiums.
A toothless city only initiative that the council could wave, and did for the Storm.

Quote:
The team remained in Seattle as the new owner tried (not sure how hard he tried) for a year or two to reach an arena deal.
False. The Okies never intended to keep team in Seattle.

Quote:

I'm not saying the Kings won't relocate, just that its not the same scenario as when the Sonics left.
Exactly. The Seattle situation was worse. Seattle never had a chance to save the team. Sacramento has known for a few years that their days were numbered. Seattle was sold late at night to the man who vowed to bring the NBA to Sacramento without giving Seattle locals or the minority partners a chance to put together a deal.

Please stop spreading misinformation about the Seattle situation. Seattle was a top 10 NBA city who never had a chance to save their team because of the shortsided greed of Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz.