07-20-2006, 03:56 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill pickles View Post
Kostitsyn>Perezhogin

At the recent WCs Grabovski>Kostitsyn

Not to mention the accolades from non-Hab fans here at HF, as well as articles based on his performance. Seems to be quite the talent.
How did you come up with Kostitsyn>Perezhogin? Just asking. I don't agree since Perezhogin was better in the AHL at the same age as a rookie then Kostitsyn was at the same age but as a 2nd year AHLer. Granted the team Perezhogin played on was much better but the impact he had on the team after a slow start, he was one of the top rookies in the AHL and was really starting to heat up before the damn lockout. Add to that, Perezhogin at 19 was an impact player in the RSL whereas Kostitsyn couldn't crack the roster although a year younger. Perezhogin spent time on the 4th line and some 2nd line duty, yet still was able to get 15 goals, which in the RSL is good for a rookie.

Perezhogin last year outscored Grabovsky in the RSL on a point per game average as well with 33 pts in 43 games, whereas Grabo had 36 pts in 60 games.

Don't know what the WC's have to do with this since Perezhogin hasn't played in them yet. Plus Grabovsky scored a lot of his points against weak teams. His 4 goal game 2 years ago was against Bruckler and a weak Austria team. He also had a big game against the Ukraine. Not trying to take anything away from Grabovsky or any of them cause I'm a big fan of all 3. Just wondering how you came up with this theory.

Quote:
Here is my issue with people posting lists...have you seen all 20 players play? Personally, I think it is difficult to produce a list that includes players you have not seen play. I know I can't.
I have seen them all but Fischer and Cepek with Fischer though I have seen the clips from the development camp, but I also have been reading up on him for months and I have seen Minnesota High School hocky games on tv this past season(the same channel that will show just about all of Fischers games at U of Minn) I've only seen Mikus play once, same with White. For me I've been making top 20 rosters for various sites for the last 3-4 years, so you sort of get a feel for how to make them although they are just for fun and don't mean a thing.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote