View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 03:05 PM
hab 4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I believe that the mechanics in his skating is already there to be improve. I have no problem with that. Compete level...well it's true that sometimes, you think you see a Joe Colborne type of player and it makes you think a little. Yet, I've seen live games from him where he just dominate his opponents solely while not looking for big hits but just end up separating them from the puck fairly easily. So he might be just going the "easy route". But I choose to believe it will kick in in due time. He understands the game so much on the ice that you have to think that he also understand that to succeed your energy level has to be way up all the time. My main point is the offensive skills at the highest levels. That's the scariest point. He had a REALLY bad month of February offensively.

Which to me is a CLEARLY sign that I don't want him in the 1st round. But 2nd round will be fine for me.
I am not crazy about Gauthier but I would not mind him around the 15-20 range. He played poorly in February but I am not that concerned. Word is that he has been dealing with some nagging injuries and this remains his rookie CHL season. He played 40 regular season games last year. Other rookies like Dauphin and even Zykov slowed down too lately. I expect him to play a big role for Rimouski in the playoffs. I am not too concerned about his production. Jordan Staal had 68 points in 68 games in his draft year and that was his second full OHL season. I think Gauthier can be a solid two-way, 2nd line center in the NHL.