View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Dharvey33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
Right they are a lot of dmans that scored 20 goals in the junior that clear waivers...

Dietz Thrower Ellis Beaulieu Tinordi Bennett Nygren all have nhl upside will they fulfill it maybe, maybe not but that's a fact.

Not all nhl players are 1st or 2nd rounders there are a lot late rounders that plays in the nhl and are even elite.

The habs prospect pool is good right now and with 6 pick this year amongst the top 90 i think we can add up at least 1 or 2 dman that has nhl potential.