View Single Post
Old
07-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Legolas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Souray is good but he could be replace if we can get a center like Dats. Just think about Markov number two who is not as great as Souray but he could be a great fit on the team...

A decent starting goalie we don't really need...

A 30 goal scorer who doesn't understand the word consistency. Sometimes, we can't see him. He can be absolutlely great but also awful...

For Perez, I like him a lot but we have to give to receive. He is a great prospect but Dats is THE PERFECT FIT on the first line...

I would do it!!!
You're overrating Datsyuk WAY too much here. The dream scenario of Kovalev-Datsyuk-Samsonov may work in NHL 07 for PS2 but not in the real world. How can Souray be replaced? Without Emelin coming over anytime soon, there's absolutely no one in the rest of the organization who could even play close to 10 minutes a game, let alone Souray's minutes. Re-distributing Souray's minutes amongst our other d-men will pretty much require that Datsyuk have career numbers because our defence will be much worse.

Sure, Ryder is inconsistent, but he's still a proven 30-goal scorer whether any of us want to admit it or not. Bringing in Datsyuk for Ryder and others would mean you would have to replace over 50 goals with one player...that makes absolutely no sense.

I agree that Ryder and Aebischer and a pick would be worth talking about.

Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote