Thread: Value of: Ben Eager to the Habs
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Eager has played very well this year. He won't be waived unless the Oil manage to pick up three more physical wingers. He's being severely underrated in this thread.
Eager needs to be able to hit and fight to be effective. The concussion he suffered may well curb his desire and/or ability to do what he needs to be able to do to be effective. If he has any further problems, he will be replaced at season's end. Concussions always worry me, but much more so in tough/energy type of guys who rely on physical play to be effective.

I have no doubt that Eager is a very decent 4th liner with some 3rd line upside at times. He is just not worth what people have been asking for him. Keep in mind, we are talking about a guy who is 29, has never played a full season, and never scored over 17 points in a season. If he is NOT a fighter at his size, he is really lacking in use more than I thought. This is not a guy who is going to get the equivalent of a 1st to 3rd round pick. He might get a 4th from a desperate team. Montreal is NOT that desperate.