View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Maelpj*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I don't see how you can say this. He logs more icetime than any goalie in the NHL and put up very respectable numbers behind an awful team last year. He's consistently strong and is 25 (an age where most goalies are just starting their careers.) You don't see this guy as a franchise goalie?
I see him as a No1 Goaler with who you can win and go far in playoff, but no, I'm not seeing him as a franchise goalie. A franchise goalie is a Patrick Roy who win a cup by himself. There is few of elite goaler these day. Everyone of them have hot streak and cold streak, Some more some less, and you gotta find yourself one good goaler, above average to succeed.

The Habs succed are far from beeing dependant on Price success, proof, even with Price oh so beautiful stats last year, we were last in the east. We are not first now because Price have improve, we are first because the team have improve.

That's why saying Price is our franchise guy, the no1 reason we are winning, our best player on the time and that he has established himself as a Top 3 NHL goalie is irrational. He is far from that, he still have a lot to prove , he still let weak goals in at bad time that cost us game. I'm sure he will improve and someday, yes, he could become a proven Top 5 goalie in the NHL. But he is not right now.

Don't want to change the subject of the topic, but same thing for Eller. The guy have potential and could became one day a Top 2 center. But RIGHT NOW, he is not. And when somebody dare saying it, the whole boards turn in PMS full power . The kid has still a lot prove and improve, and it's not a little hot streak or a game of 1g 1a here and there that is gonna change that.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote