View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Again, Karlsson was the best skater in that series. Their toughness didn't stop him one bit. True that Carkner helped get boyle back but he did so off fights not off toughness during play.

I strongly believe that a team's toughness is the ability of the defense to play a physical and handle a physical game. Methot and Gryba handled Lucic and Horton perfectly last night. I think the physical and tough component of the defense is much more important than the forwards. With that being said, we still have a very physical and fast bottom 6 but we need more skill in the top 6. Spezza back will help immensely as should the acquisition of another top-end forward like Perry/Ryan and we'd be set, imo.
This is the reason I don`t like Benoit on defence because I don`t think he is big enough, strong enough or tough enough to handle the big NHL forwards that every team has. I do like Methot, Wiercioch, Gryba & Borweicki on defence & Ceci has the size to handle NHL players, he may need some seasoning in Bingo. Phillips may be getting too long in the tooth but he has the size strength. Karlsson has the speed & smarts, Benoit is no Karlsson. Gonchar has decent size but is done IMO.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote