View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 04:58 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
He was getting better in his last 3-4 games with Eller and Galchenyuk. He was around the corner and would had contributed positively fopr the rest of the season. Anyway...
He was, I'll admit getting better, but it was more of a drawing penalties and being a big body kind of better. Nothing at all like what he did last year, which was in addition to those things, blaze past defencemen with control of the puck and go roof daddy or remember that interception on Chara before deking Thomas out of his jock to put it in? He was doing none of that. I don't think he remembers how to stickhandle. He was also still a huge defensive lability. I totally thought he'd break out of it, but given the whole cap move, the fact Ryder is going to be motivated to produce and that Ryder has improved on the whole as a player, make me quite happy with the deal. It's not like Cole wasn't a one-trick pony either. It was just a different trick. Once we start hearing the ping (good kind) of those Ryder shots hitting the inside crossbar...we'll appreciate that trick once again!

The lack of Bourque, however does great a big body vacuum. He really is a huge force this year - something we were all hoping for, but not many were really expecting. Hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised with how well Ryder fits in. (And plz get well Rene and Raphy! I wonder if Ryder thinks that the guy who jumped on the ice has now made the team and is on the 1st wave PP when healthy.)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote