View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 05:13 PM
delchief

vCash: 500
Quote:
This team is just sad to watch.
WTF??? Sad to watch!! These guys are killing themselves every night working with zero talent and no discernible powerplay and they're scrapping for every point. They forecheck hard. They play hard on the puck. What in the hell do you guys want? That is a RIDICULOUS statement.

Rinaldo and Simmonds were punking us on every play? Come on man. Seriously? Rinaldo turned down ever opportunity to fight Neil, Smith, and Dizzy. He did stand up bravely to the fearsome Daugavins. Quite a tough guy. Simmonds is legit and so is Hartnell. But they didn't win the game for the Flyers. Complete lack of finish by the Sens, as usual, lost this game.

I GUARANTEE you Zac Rinaldo plays the EXACT same way with Matt Carkner on the ice and turns him down for fights just like he did Neil and Smith. No question in my mind. The Sens do not lack toughness. The 2000/2001 Sens lacked toughness. But no P Mac couched or Bryan Murray GM'd team is ever going to lack toughness.

Sweet Jebus, of all the things you picked up from that game you thought they were "sad" because they weren't tough enough? Thank goodness I can turn to a Travis Yost for some sanity. Some posters on these boards have no clue what makes a hockey team.

delchief is offline   Reply With Quote