View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
For all of you who can't read (or choose to ignore the written word)I directed this to BOTH of our illustrious GM's not just Howson. I put it in this thread because I wasn't sure where to put it. It was not meant to reignite the Howson debate but merely to show that the overall results of our drafting for our existence has not produced a whole lot. About the best that can be argued is that the jury is still out on the class of 2008 and beyond.

Go look at Pittsburgh's results on the main thread. Ignoring Crosby and Malkin still a pretty impressive list. Couple of other teams too. Others not so good.

Come on now. We didn't even produce a whole team and save for the Sestitio & Murray adds this week we would have been 3 short. And no backup goalie. Our drafting collectively and cumulatively has been pretty bad. My last word on this subject. Guess I should have just posted on the mains and not bothered over here.
So we've pared Howson down to a single draft in Columbus (2007) about which anything can be said involving players who are now known quantities.

So now it's back to what I've been saying for years....Dougie was both a bad GM and (somehow) a worse drafter than Don Waddell. You could take Waddell's top-2 picks (Heatley and Kovalchuk) away and it would still be a true statement.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote