View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Basically all of those Philly teams had no business having any playoff success. It was a few playoff performers who got them by, most of all Mike Richards. But they didn't have a good enough team and that put heavy, unreasonable pressure on a couple guys to score. It really isn't Jeff Carter's fault that Philly had no top defenseman stud and he's not the guy who put minor leaguers in the Philly net. In LA he isn't expected to get soft goals back.

Put Quick and Bernier in net to stop nearly all shots, Doughty and Voynov and co. behind him to get the outlet pass and suddenly ZOMG CLUTCH. Classic case of putting someone in a position to succeed rather than fail. I bet Philly and Columbus situations had Carter gripping his stick hard especially in close games. Remember when we first got him he seemed snakebit. But his presence alone on the second line caused the entire team to get more space and pushed talent down the lines... Even Penner got in on the act. I mean, how do you use your soft hands when you're that tense? The pressure on him eased up and by second round of the playoffs he became extremely dangerous, especially with his endless gas tanked speed late in 3rd periods. I remember the game he got a hat trick that Richards commented how just it was for Jeff to get some lucky bounces after all of his shot efforts that didn't go in.

Well now it's going in. I haven't seen this much scoring at will since that one crazy season Toman Sandstrom had...not even with Robitaille. And doesn't Jeff look comfortable just shooting it from anywhere?

Welcome home Jeff.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote