View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Considering the Braves and Nationals will likely duke it out for 1st, Phillies as a playoff team is a reach

Reds, Cards, Dodgers?, Giants all better
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Pretty much this.

A lot would have to go right for Phillies to make playoffs.
Eh. I don't think the Braves and Nats rosters are all that impressive. I find it hard to bet on either of them over a team with Halladay, Hamels and Lee and a lineup of Rollins, Revere, Utley, Howard, Delmon Young and Carlos Ruiz, regardless of their injury-filled season and/or the poor numbers most of them had. The bullpen is iffy on paper, but most bullpens are hard to predict accurately before the season anyway.

I think there's more chance that the Braves and Nats regress this year than that the Phillies struggle as much as they did last.

In all honesty, if there's something I'm uncertain about in my projections it's that both Atlanta and Washington get the wild card spots, but with Miami dealing away everything and the Mets looking just as bad as last year, I think they got a lot of teams to beat up on. If the Reds and/or Giants join one of them or both get wild card spots, I wouldn't be totally surprised, though.

Leafsdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote