Thread: Value of: Ryan Johansen
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 08:07 PM
MW6

vCash: 500
Here's something that IMO seems like a good deal for both teams I'll involve.

Lets say the Caps (i'm a caps fan) ends up with 1st OA and CBJ with 2nd OA.

With Wiz, JJ, Tyutin, Nikitin, Erixon and Moore CBJ are pretty stacked at the back end.
I would assume that since Caps have 3 good puck movers playing RD (Green, Carlson and Orlov) their 1st OA selection would be McKinnon since Backstrom is the only signed C capable of top-6 duty. And their 3 top prospects being wingers.

Wouldn't a tandem of McKinnon and Drouin be something to salvage about for BJ fans? Their chemistry is already off the hook and would totally revitalize this franchise!

Could a deal made of 1st OA + Tom Wilson (a Lucic-lite with over PPG totals in the OHL this year, heavy hitting machine, fights, has great size and known for elevating his game when it matters, selected 16th OA last year) for Ryan Murray (a two-way LD caps have been lacking for many years) and Ryan Johansen a 2C with size and skill that plays responsible all over the ice)?

This means for Columbus, that instead of Murray, Johansen, Jones/Drouin they'll have McKinnon, Drouin, Wilson (could be their future top-line?)

And Caps would instead of McKinnon, Wilson become more complete with having Johansen as future 2C and Top-4 of Alzner-Green, Murray-Carlson.

Like I said, just throwing it out there. It could of course be tweaked!

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote