View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I will continue to change my position on who to draft as I read more and more about all the players. I will say that I feel with the information available and what's been talked about for over a year it seems that this truly is a deeper draft. Having 4 of the (likely) top 33 sounds better every day.

I continue to hope for McKinnon. Seems to me we are seeing the Tavares effect - Rated #1 for over a year and talked about for more than 2 years and now "slipping" after every part of the game is picked at.

McKinnon, Shinkaruk, Zadorov and Lazar would be amazing in my eyes. All depends on draft order of course and with Lazar catching fire he probably doesn't drop to the high 2nd round. I'm good with Nichushkin in the mid 1st and Petan or Wennberg later in the 1st....

There truly are several options for us but we all need to cheer for the Rags and Kings to lose!
I think this draft is still different. IMO Mackinnon is not as good as Tavares (pre-draft). Not a shot against him, I also don't think any of the 3 Oilers picks will be as good as Tavares. And on the other side, I like Jones a lot more as a prospect than I did Hedman. I would say Drouin = Duchene going in.

The Mackinnon/Jones debate could honestly be so close that it comes down to a positional pick. And this is one of those draft's that I am sure the team picking 2nd will be happy with what is left.

By the way, if any of you are wondering why I keep posting here, I live in Southern Ontario, and watched an Oilers game in Columbus about four years ago. I've also been the road fan in Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Calgary, Vancouver and Pittsburgh, and you guys were by far the classiest fans. So I have an interest in seeing the team do well!