View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I just keep wondering where we are going to get a Dman to play with EJ...This D corps isnt working and if they think it is...they are mistaken

It needs to start coming together. Jones probably needs to be moved. Staz or ROR needs to be moved. Obviously ROR cant be for a year.

I do like the Downie and McGinn pickups for the wing. When we get Downie back our wings get more depth and more physical which will be nice.

I think we need a top 6 winger and a top 4 dman and things start looking pretty good. Easier said than done though.
I just don't think we're gonna get that guy from outside the organization. It's gonna have to be one of Elliott/Barrie/Siemens. I think one of those guys will do just fine alongside EJ. The question is, can we assemble a top-four that's at least capable.

More than anything though, we just need a defense that's going to punish the opposition and make them think twice about parking in front of the net. Even I'm just puzzled as to why our supposedly bigger and tougher D is playing so ridiculously soft.

Top-6 winger will probably have to come through the draft.