View Single Post
Old
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
You missed one thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever View Post
I hope we are removed far enough to discuss that bit with a little more of a realistic slant to things, but I think that a little bit of luck was accounted for by the fact that Martin Gerber was in nets for the first two games of the series. I think at the very least, the injury to Koivu and Gerber spotting Montreal two games negate each other.
You are forgetting one thing. Koivu did not injure himself. The "injury" received not only put Koivu out, but Carolina escaped a major penalty (or at the very least 4 minutes) that might very well have made it 3 to zip in games. Not to mention Markov getting hit in the face by the same errant Cane stick later.

There is no guarantee Montreal would have done any better in the series, we will never know that. However, trying to cancel out Gerber's play with Koivu getting his retina detached by William's unpunished sloppy handling of his stick just doesn't quite equate in my opinion. Besides Gerber "lost" two games and we lost Koivu the rest of the series.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote