View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
I never disliked the trade because we got a very young Kessel who is still the best player out of the lot. If we had drafted Kessel and he became the player he is today, many will be very happy, but because we traded for him, somehow he is crap.

For a supposedly labelled franchise superstar centre Seguin sure is enjoying his time being sheltered on the wing. Was Toews ever sheltered on the wing? Or Joe Thornton? Even our own up-and-coming Kadri is playing centre right now, learning the ropes of what it means to play a complete game, sharpening his craft in the face-off circle AND leading his team in scoring...but "the franchise" Tyler Seguin can't beat out the other Bruins' centres to play centre.

I'll take Kessel with his amazing speed, play-making and goal-scoring abilities, and shot over Seguin any day.
Seguin was drafted onto a Stanley Cup winning star laden team.
This is a VERY rare thing to happen, because such talented teams rarely (if ever) come across such a high draft pick. It takes a GM making a blunder of legendary proportions for a situation like this to happen.

Thornton and Toews were both drafted onto pathetic teams lacking depth at center, so they were immediately slotted into their preferred positions.
And in regards to Kadri.... I'm literlly SHOCKED that you're trying to use him as an example. HE WAS IN THE AHL 3 YEARS AFTER BEING DRAFTED!!!! Seguin is on the 2nd line wing.
What an absurd comparison.

Disgruntled Observer* is offline   Reply With Quote